Does anyone ever go back and read their journal from when they were in high school? I didn't because I kept an online journal at Livejournal and I had completely forgot about it.
That was until a couple of days ago at my friends bridal shower.
The groom's step mom had come over to us and was talking about her art and how it is hard to do something on canvas because it is so personal and it takes a lot of thought to put something down so meaningful and to have it open for the public. My friends know I blog, but also know I have kept it secret because I am so open and its hard for me to share myself with other people, especially people I know. My other friend Julia was talking about how she used to journal on Xanga and she was reading hers the other day and it dawned on me that I had a journal too.
I came home and decided to go look up my old Livejournal account. I don't remember my password and I definitely don't have the same email I did in high school, but I was still lucky enough to be able to read it. : )
it. was. so. funny. but also kind of sad. Looking at myself in high school made me think about a lot of things.
My high school self was...
a) not a very good friend to her friends...at all
b) a little too boy crazy for her own good
c) really bad at spelling...and speaking, er typing, in general... I said things like 'funner'
d) a really bad potty mouth... which at the time you don't know how lame you sound, but looking back, its kind of embarrassing
e) a huge dork
f) really out of touch with the important things...or pretty much everything if it wasn't boys.
I had a really weird outlook on life. Its kind of surprising to see. It makes me wonder if I am going to look back at this 10 years from now and think the same things about this 20 something Me.
I hope not.
No comments:
Post a Comment